The Future Energy Solution
A £7m fund has been made available to SMEs on a first come-first served basis, and will offer capital support for the installation of Commercial Solar Panels.
The grant offers £10,000 or up to 30% of the cost of purchasing a system, this is an increase from 15%.
As an example, a business installing a 30 KW Solar PV system would get up to £10,000 towards the cost! This is before they can claim back up to £6000 in Capital gains.
The grant will be on a first come first served basis for the whole of England Scotland and Wales, with a target of helping 1000-2000 businesses. (which isn’t many across such a large area!).
The fund, has now been opened and companies can register their interest now at the link on this page. It only takes a couple of minutes to complete.
This is a great, but limited opportunity to further reduce the capital cost of the project. Early action is required, as the fund is expected to be extremely popular.
- 30Kwp normally £33,000
- Grant towards the cost £10,000
- Capital gains if company is a profitable business £6,000*
- This takes the system down to around £17,000 to fund a system.
- Typical returns from a 30Kwp Solar Pv system of around £3,500 per year
- This gives commercial solar a 5 year payback.